bvbcSTUDENT Ministry exists to reach, disciple, and send Middle School and High School students for Jesus by challenging them to surrender, sustain, sacrifice, shine, and share.
Get involved in our bvbcSTUDENT Ministry
- Sunday School is designed to help students learn how to Follow Jesus in our current cultural climate. With dedicated student ministry leaders, students are faithfully taught the Word of God and how the gospel impacts their entire lives. Middle School and High School meet at 9:30am on the Ridgeview and Antioch Campuses in classes arranged by age.
- AWANA Trek and Journey - Bible study and memorization program for Middle and High School students desiring to continue in AWANA. You can get more information about AWANA HERE.
- Ridgeview Middle School Connect is a welcoming environment for middle school students each Sunday night as they connect with God and with one another. Students will experience engaging games, relevant Bible teaching, and small group discussion.
- High School dGroups are small groups that meet in homes on Wednesday nights based on grade and gender. The purpose of dGroups is for students to be discipled by an older, spiritually mature adult. Students study through a book of the Bible together, challenging one another to live it out.
- The Gathering, held on the Antioch Campus, is a new Sunday night program for Middle and High School students each week from 5:30-7pm. The goal of the The Gathering will be to create a missional community for students to strengthen relationships with one another and reach out to freind who are unchurched.
Student Serve is a ministry designed to build a culture of Christlike service and gospel evangelism among the students at BVBC.
We want to accomplish this through giving our students opportunities to serve our church, community, and beyond. While there will be Student Serve events throughout the year, we also want to know of YOUR needs so we can help fulfill them. These could include mowing your yard, raking leaves, shoveling snow or serving at your non-profit organization. Please contact or if you have a need that our students can help serve.
- Disciple Now Weekend is a 6th-12 grade ministry event held each year in February. Students spend the weekend discovering more about being a Jesus Follower. Students are divided into grade and gender-based groups that stay in the homes of BVBC members. During the weekend, students participate in Bible study and small group discussions. They also participate in recreation events and other fun activities. The purpose of the weekend is discipleship and inviting friends to learn more about Jesus.
- Centrifuge is a week-long camp for grades 6th-12th. At Fuge, students experience great teaching, powerful worship, small group time, and lots of fun activities. More information about Fuge camps can be found at fugecamps.com. Registration for Fuge opens in the Spring. Registration is open now!
- Impact KC is a week of doing local missions here in our area. Students have the opportunity to serve in different ministries and learn what it means to serve people like Jesus did.
Parents of Students
- Our student ministry believes parents hold the keys to their child’s spiritual future. According to Deuteronomy 6, parents have the joy and responsibility of discipling their child. But we understand the challenge that comes with that calling. That’s why we seek to partner with parents and equip them to raise their child to be a lifelong Jesus-follower. We do this through different parent events, educating parents on teenage culture, and giving parents the resources they need to disciple their child.
- We also have a Sunday School class for parents of students that is designed to help parents in a similar life stage. Parents can encourage and challenge one another as they seek to raise teenagers that follow Jesus.