Light the Night
Sunday, October 31, 2021
Light the Night is an opportunity for you to engage your community and build relationships with those around you. Our hope and prayer is that you will light up your neighborhood by showing the love, hope and message of Jesus Christ.
On Sunday night, October 31, we’re encouraging each Sunday School class to laser focus on connecting with your neighbors – many of whom do not have a church family or a relationship with Jesus. Our goal is that each class will have individuals or families who volunteer to be a host location with other class members helping them in this endeavor.
Here’s how it works:
- First, we want you to get creative with your plans for your neighborhood outreach and have a great time with everyone involved!
- Create and decorate a station on your porch, driveway, sidewalk or front yard that will allow and encourage people to stop and have a conversation. You may want to set up a s’mores station, provide coffee or hot chocolate, or even roast hot dogs! The aroma is sure to draw them in!
- Be intentional and introduce yourself, your family, and the friends helping you. Conversations may include first introductions, explaining how you know the people helping you, or you may find yourself talking about your faith and inviting them to church!
- BVBC bigKIDS will provide each host home with bags of candy. (Any other refreshments you serve will be your responsibility!)
- To help us keep up with candy distribution and support for each participating household, ALL host homes should register your location at bluevalleybaptist.org along with the names of those who will be helping you! Please take pictures and send them to me!
Thank you so much for your willingness to serve those right around your home. Have a blast and let us know if you have questions! We’re praying for you!