If you’re visiting for the first time, you will need to stop by our greeter desk in the littleKIDS foyer to fill out a registration card to receive a check-in tag, security stickers and pager. This serves three main purposes:
- Special Needs / Health Concerns - Any information that is vital for our teachers to know about your child, will appear under the child’s name on his security tag.
- Child Pick-up – You must present your portion of the sticker before we release your child.
- Pagers - are a great way to calm your concerns about us being able to reach you if we need to. Make sure you pick one up in your youngest child’s class room.
Checking In/Dropping Off Your Preschooler
For our new guests, registration will be completed at the littleKIDS Greeter Desk. New guests will be escorted to their Sunday School room.
For returning guests and members, please check in at a laptop station located in the foyer of the littleKIDS department.
Every family will receive a pager. Each pager is distributed by the Sunday School teacher in the room of your family's youngest preschooler. Pagers are a great way to calm your concerns about being reached should your littleKID need you.
Special Needs/Health Concerns
If you have a child with special needs, we would love to know how best to minister to them and your family. We believe every child should feel safe and included. Please share any information with Dr. Tracy McElhattan, Director of Preschool Ministries. You may email her prior to your arrival or call the church office, 913.879.9669. You will also find her at the littleKIDS Greeter Desk on Sunday mornings. In addition, please notify us if your child has any allergy or health concerns.
Picking Up Your Preschooler
Your parent security tag is required to pick up you child. We want every child to be delivered and picked up safely by an adult (over 18 years of age). You must present your portion of the sticker before we release your child. Be sure to return your pager to your child's Sunday School teacher at this time.
For the safety of all children, we cannot accept children with the following symptoms:
- Fever of greater that 99.9
- Runny nose with green drainage
- Questionable rashes
- Excessive coughing
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Impetigo - until scabs are formed
- Chicken pox - until scabs are formed and child is fever-free for 24 hours
- Measles, mumps or rubella
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye) until drainage is clear and redness and matting are gone
After being ill, children need to be fever and symptom-free for 24 hours before entering care.
When on antibiotics for an illness, children must have been taking antibiotics 24 hours before entering care.